Certificate Installation: OS X Lion (10.7) Server
To import your CA certificates, please perform the following:
- Double click on the .crt file that you were sent.
- When asked which keychain, select ‘System’ OR if you prefer the command-line, from Terminal type:
sudo /usr/bin/security add-trusted-cert -d -r trustRoot -k “/Library/Keychains/System.keychain” “/path/to/ca-certificate/here.crt”
NOTE: This is all one command, not two.
To import the SSL (entity) certificate, please perform the following:
- Locate all of your certificate related files: private key, your certificate and CA certificates in Finder.
- In the ‘Server’ app, select your server in the left-hand column, select the ‘Settings’ tab and click the ‘Edit’ button to the right of ‘SSL Certificate’.
- Click the ‘Actions’ menu and select ‘Manage Certificates’.
A new dialog box slides down.
- Click the ‘Add’ (+) button and select ‘Import a Certificate Identity’ from the ‘Actions’ menu.
- Drag your certificate and its private key from the Finder to the dialog box and then click the ‘Import’ button.
- Select your imported certificate from the pop-up menu.