How do I make my own bundle file from CRT files?
You may do this using you favorite text editor or by using the command line.
- # Root CA Certificate – AddTrustExternalCARoot.crt
- # Intermediate CA Certificate 1 – UTNAddTrustSGCCA.crt
- # Intermediate CA Certificate 2 – ComodoUTNSGCCA.crt
- # Intermediate CA Certificate 3 – EssentialSSLCA_2.crt
- # Your SSL Certificate – yourDomain.crt
Note: You will not need your SSL certificate for this exercise.
GUI Text Editor
- Open all files in a text editor. (Remember, not your domain certificate.)
- Create a new blank text file.
- Copy contents of all files in reverse order and paste them into the new file.
Example: Intermediate 3, Intermediate 2, Intermediate 1, Root Certificate.
- Save newly created file as ‘yourDomain.ca-bundle’.
Linux or UNIX-like Operating Systems:
— cat EssentialSSLCA_2.crt ComodoUTNSGCCA.crt UTNAddTrustSGCCA.crt
AddTrustExternalCARoot.crt > yourDomain.ca-bundle
Windows or DOS:
— copy EssentialSSLCA_2.crt + ComodoUTNSGCCA.crt + UTNAddTrustSGCCA.crt +
Note: ‘yourDomain.ca-bundle’ is only a place holder file name. You may call it anything you want.