How create a new CSR without interferring with the valid certificate
- Create a new web-site on the server where the certificate is going to be installed. This new site is just a “dummy-site” only used for create a CSR and to install the certificate with.
- Choose to remove the certificate on this ”Dummy-Site”
- Choose to create a new Certificate. You will here get the possibility to fill in values in the mandatory fields (Common Name, Organization, Locality, State/Province and Country) If you want to have information in moore fields that is OK.
- Save the request.
- Don’t start this webserver.
- When you have got your new certificate, install it on this ”Dummy-site”.
- When you have installed the new certificate you can replace the old one with the new one on your regular site.
- You can now remove your ”Dummy-Site”.
- Restart the IIS.