Generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) using Novell I-Chain
There are 2 possible views for creating a CSR, the alternative view is at the bottom of this page.
Start the ichain Management http://youriChain:1959/appliance/config.html
Select the Home-Certificate Maintenance panel.
Select Create to create the CSR
Enter the following fields:
- Certificate name – Any alphanumeric name as long as it is unique
- Subject name – The DNS name of the site that is to be secured
- Signature algorithm – can be SHA or MD5
- RSA Key size – use 2048 bits
- Select ‘Use external certificate authority’
- Organization – The company that owns the web site Correctly spelled and no abbrivations
- Note: Entering spaces may cause problems
- City, State or Province code, two character country code
The Certificate Maintenance panel will now look like this:
Select Apply to generate the CSR. When it is ready the Status will indicate “CSR in Progress”.
When you select ‘View the CSR’. You should see:
This is your certificate request that you will need during application.