How do I assign a certificate (Digital ID) to use in Outlook 2007
Assigning a certificate in Outlook 2007 is only slightly different from older versions. Previous versions set the certificate (Digital ID) in the Security tab under Tools –> Options. Outlook 2007 has a new menu item: Trust Center.
- Click Tools, then Trust Center.
- Then select E-mail Security.(See Figure 1)
- Click on Settings to display the security settings.
- Click Choose to set the certificate (Digital ID) to use for Signing and Encryption.(See Figure 2)
- Finally click OK to save changes.
When composing an email:
— To digitally sign messages click the Red Ribbon.
— To encrypt a message click the Blue Ribbon.